Hot flashes, mood swings and other discomforts stem from hormone imbalances. But, such imbalances don't just happen. As menopause nears, the ovaries begin to shut down. This leaves your adrenal glands as your only source of progesterone. If your adrenal glands are in perfect health, you'll make enough progesterone, under normal circumstances, to maintain hormone balance. If not, you will be progesterone deficient. Dr. John R. Lee (What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause) believes that nearly all hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats and other related problems are caused by adrenal related progesterone deficiency, or by excesses of estrogen that are caused by the estrogenic chemicals found in plastics.
While hormone balancing factors (like hesperidin and isoflavones) can help calm hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats and so on, they do nothing to strengthen the adrenal glands. Hot flashes, mood swings and so on are bad enough; adrenal weakness can also cause far worse problems in the future. Thus, it is vital to address this aspect of menopausal distress.
As a multiple, ProFema provides a complete array of vitamins and minerals. It also provides an ideal blend of calcium and magnesium to build strong bones. It is a complete green food complex, so that you'll have more energy than you've had in years. And, it provides the isoflavones and herbs you need to relieve your discomforts now!
But, unlike any other product we know of, it also provides the Superior Herbs that help rebuild strength in the adrenal glands. Because of that, it helps you feel not just better, but your very best, while also guarding against more serious health challenges in the future. There is simply nothing else in the world like ProFema.
If you already use a multiple and don't want to change, or have problems taking certain vitamins or minerals, use Transitions instead of ProFema. It is the same herbal formula as ProFema, but without the vitamins, minerals and other factors.
Features and Benefits
- Pro-Vitamin A (Beta Carotene; 15,000 IU) - Beta Carotene converts into Vitamin A in the body and eliminates any toxic build-up.
- Vitamin D3 (600 IU) - The most active form of Vitamin D and therefore more easily utilized by our body.
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin; 200 mcg) - A co-enzymated form of Vitamin B12 that is more recognizable and therefore is more readily available by our body.
- Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate; 1,000 mg) - An easy to absorb form of Vitamin C that is less acidic and therefore gentler on sensitive stomachs.
- Plant Enzymes (Protease, Amylase, Lactase, Lipase, Cellulase, Maltase, & Sucrase; 25 mg) - Enzymes to assist in the breakdown of proteins, carbohydrates, starches, cellulose, lactose, fats and sugars, which lessens the burden on our digestive systems and conserves energy for our bodies.
- Nutrient-Dense Super Foods Complex (Organic Spirulina & Organic Barley/Oat Grass juices) - Provides a wide array of vitamins, minerals & phytonutrients that provide anti-oxidant protection, immune and liver support.
- Bioflavonoids - Supports healthy circulation in the body, protects our blood vessels, protects LDL-cholesterol from oxidative damage and enhances the absorption of Vitamin C.
- Chaste Tree Fruit (5% flavones; 12:1; 80 mg) - Also known as Vitex Agnus Castus, helps balance the body's levels of estrogen and progesterone.
- Kudzu Root (40% isoflavones; 80 mg) - Contains isoflavones or plant estrogens to gently support a woman's hormonal balance.
- Coleus Forskolii Root (8% forskoliin; 75 mg) - Supports the thyroid, which helps to reduce typical menopausal symptoms.
- Burdock Root (40:1; 60 mg) - Known as being a blood purifier and according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, weakness in the blood can cause hormonal imbalances.
- Motherwort Flowers (4:1 extract; 60 mg) - Traditional Chinese heart tonic that helps normalize mood.
- Dong Quai Root (1% lingustilides; 48 mg) - Referred to as female ginseng in Traditional Chinese Medicine and highly regarded for its impact on menopausal symptoms.
- Asparagus Root (40% saponins; 40 mg) and Rehmannia Root (1% catapol; 20 mg) - A Chinese premiere kidney tonifying herb and according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, weakness in the kidneys can cause hormonal imbalances.
- Black Cohosh Root (2.5% deoxyactein; 40 mg) - Helps to reduce symptoms of menopause including night sweats and hot flashes, nervousness and irritability.
- Eleuthero Root (.8% eleutherosides; 40 mg) - Also known as Siberian Ginseng, used to help adapt to the changes that occur during menopause.
- Poria Cocos (40% b-pachyman; 40 mg) - Traditional Chinese heart tonic that helps normalize mood.
- Wild Yam Root (6% diosgenin; 24 mg) - Contains factors that help support peri-menopausal and menopausal hormonal balances.
- White Peony Root (4% paeoniforin; 20 mg) - Used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a blood purifier; weakness in the blood can cause hormonal imbalances.
- Isoflavones (Daidzein, Genistein & Puerarins) - Helps to gently balance hormonal levels in women.