There is no comparison between Nutiva's cold-pressed, organic virgin coconut oil, with its light taste, pleasant aroma, and pure white color, and industrialized coconut oil, with its bland taste, faint aroma, and off-white color. Please note that any tiny brown specks found at the bottom of Nutiva's coconut oil are from the coconut fiber and are indigenous to coconut oil.
- Made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra
- Cold-processed, unrefined and chemical-free
- Unfermented (other brands wait more than 10 hours between chopping the coconut and pressing the oil, adversely affecting flavor.)
- Unbleached, undeodorized and unhydrogenated
- Pure white like fresh coconut
- Tastes like fresh coconut
- Has a fresh coconut fragrance
- Made with our Fresh is Best commitment
How virgin coconut oil is processed is the key to optimizing its taste, texture, color and aroma. Within two hours of Nutiva's coconuts being chopped, the virgin coconut oil is cold-pressed. Contrast this with 99 percent of the coconut oil used today in cooking and body care. First, the coconut is chopped and left to dry in the sun for days. Then the meat is scooped out and sent thousands of miles to giant oil mills where the oxidizing coco meat is refined, bleached, and/or deodorized. Ironically, this product is often labeled as "certified organic."
Coconut oil is about 50 percent lauric acid, a rare medium-chain fatty acid found in mother's milk that supports healthy metabolism and is now being studied for its anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial health-protecting properties. Overall, coconut oil contains 92% saturated fats and only 1% Omega-6, the fat Americans get way too much of.
USDA certified organic; certified as organically grown and processed by QAI. All seeds are non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms).
Please Note: Nutiva's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is solid at room temperature and melts at 76°F. No refrigeration required.