Go ahead; satisfy your sweet cravings, bite into the richness of Atkins Endulge bars. They taste just like your favorite candy bars, but there's only 1 gram of sugar – which means no guilt. Just amazing taste, smart nutrition and another step closer to your goal.
Choosing foods wisely is essential to a healthy, active lifestyle:
- Protein - Protein provides a powerhouse of energy for the body, building and repairing your muscles and bones while boosting your metabolism. Add protein to your diet with delicious Atkins products.
- Fiber - Fiber offers huge benefits to your health, from controlling your appetite and regulating your blood sugar to helping your digestion. Add fiber to your diet with delicious Atkins products.
- Low Sugar - Eating foods low in sugar will provide a steady energy level throughout the day and will help you avoid extreme swings in blood-sugar and insulin levels. In addition, high blood sugar/insulin levels are linked to obesity, hypertension, undesirable cholesterol and triglyceride levels and other risk factors for heart disease.
- Vitamins & Minerals - Vitamins and minerals help your body run like a well-oiled machine, providing energy and protecting your body from free radicals. Atkins Bars and shakes have an optimal mix of vitamins and minerals.
- Good Carbs - Good carbohydrates provide the body with valuable components such as, fiber, vitamins minerals and antioxidants while not leading to a spike in blood sugar and insulin levels. Atkins Nutritional Approach recommends eating a diet filled with a variety of good carbs -- nutrient-dense foods with few Net Carbs. Foods like fibrous vegetables and whole grains. Good carbs support weight loss, weight management and optimal health.
- Good Fats - Good fats are essential for human health. They keep us full, cushion and protect our organs, and serve as a boundless source of energy for the human body.
- Activity - Being active has numerous benefits from improving mood and mental focus to managing weight and preventing chronic health conditions.
What Is The Atkins Diet?
Atkins is the original leading low-carb weight loss plan that provides quick, effective, satisfying and balanced weight loss based on an extensive body of scientific research. The Atkins Diet is designed to “flip the body’s metabolic switch” from burning carbs to burning fat. Graduated carb introduction limits blood sugar and insulin spikes, which cause hunger and cravings, and result in overeating and weight gain.
Atkins has the additional application of being the weight loss plan of choice for the millions of people who have a reduced ability to process carbohydrates – those who have varying levels of "carbohydrate intolerance."
The Atkins plan consists of four phases, with gradual increased carb intake for each phase. The plan allows an individual to find his or her perfect carbohydrate balance that is ideal for their personal weight loss or maintenance. Atkins dieters are motivated to change and maintain their eating patterns with delicious and healthy food options.
About Atkins Nutritionals
Atkins Nutritionals Inc. is a leading player in the $2.4 billion weight control nutrition category and offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and weight management. The Atkins Nutritional Approach focuses on a healthy diet with reduced levels of refined carbohydrates and refined sugars and encourages the consumption of lean protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Backed by research and consumer success stories, this approach allows the body to burn more fat and work more efficiently while helping people feel less hungry, more satisfied and more energetic.
Atkins manufactures and sells a variety of nutrition bars and shakes designed around the nutrition principles of the Atkins Diet. The Atkins line of products appeals to a broad audience of men and women who want to achieve their weight management goals and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Their products are available in more than 30,000 locations throughout the U.S. and internationally.