Jarrow Formulas Bile Acid Factors consists of a mixture of highly concentrated bile acids (also called bile salts), mostly in the conjugated form, from U.S. and/or New Zealand bovine/ovine bile.
- Bile acids are produced in the liver and then stored and concentrated in the gallbladder, from which they enter the small intestines via the bile duct.
- The major bile components in Bile Acid Factors are glycocholate and taurocholate, which are crucial for fat digestion and absorption.
- In the small intestine, bile acids emulsify fats to aid their absorption. Bile acid deficiency causes fat malabsorption and fatty stools (steatorrhea), indicated by diarrhea and floating stools. In addition, bile acid deficiency jeopardizes a person s nutritional status by reducing the absorption of fat and fat-soluble nutrients.
- Conjugated bile acids have been shown in clinical trials to be effective in improving fat absorption and nutritional status.
Jarrow Formulas Bile Acid Factors Highlights:
- High Potency Bile Acid Formulation
- 95% Conjugated Bile Acids
- Form Secreted By The Body
- Scientifically Documented To Promote Fat-Soluble Nutrient Absorption
About Jarrow Formulas
Jarrow Formulas, which is based in Los Angeles, California, USA, is a formulator and supplier of superior nutritional supplements. The company was founded in 1977 and incorporated in 1988. Today it markets its products in the United States, Mexico, Canada and throughout the world. The owners and officers of the company are: Jarrow L. Rogovin, President; Ben Khowong, CEO/CFO and Peilin Guo, Executive Vice President.
Jarrow Formulas' mission is reflected in its motto 'Superior Nutrition and Formulation".
Jarrow Formulas' complete line of nutritional products includes vitamins, minerals, probiotics, standardized herbal concentrates, amino acids, enzymes and enteral nutrition products. Both retailers and consumers are assured of purity, value and potency when choosing these products.
The company is active in monitoring governmental regulatory affairs, which affect the nutritional industry. It also vigorously promotes the rights of Americans to free access to dietary supplements. Jarrow Formulas funds research studies on important nutritional products such as CoQ10, to ensure that customers receive the full biological value of these products.
Jarrow Formulas' Mission
Jarrow Formulas' goal is to promote optimal health with high quality, effective, affordable and "cutting edge" formulations, which are based on sound scientific research data. The company's professional staff is actively involved in clinical studies and in working with researchers from universities, institutes and other academic environments around the world. Jarrow Formulas strives to provide the best service and technical support to its customers.