Incense is one of the oldest forms of Aromatherapy that uses the subtle power of fragrances to reestablish balance and harmony in the body. This premium quality incense is made from fine essential oils, fragrant herbs, powders and resins, ranging from the most heavenly floral fragrances to the down-to-earth woody and herbal scents of the Ayurvedic preparations.
Premium quality incense made from fine essential oils, fragrant herbs, powders and resins. Each stick is rolled by hand and packaged in 100% handmade, recycled paper. Each stickis handrolled. Incense Sticks are air-dried in the sun.
Each gift packet contains one mini-sample size of all 8 fragrances:
- Amber - Pinus succinifera - Calming for disturbed conditions, restores equilibrium by harmonizing energy imbalances, protects the atmosphere from negative influences, stimulates and centers the being in the heart chakra. Lowers Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, balancing to all 3 doshas.
- Jasmine - Jasminum grandiflorum - Balancing to male and female hormones, aphrodesiac, brain stimulant, calming, restores balance and confidence, anti-depressive, soothes headaches, insomnia, and psychocomatic problems, promotes feelings of optimism and increases receptivity. Lowers Pitta, slightly increases Kapha, increases Vata when used in excess.
- Indian Cedar - Cedrus deodara - Calming and elevating, anti-depressive, helps develop a sense of self-control, integrity and fortitude, clears the mind (good for daydreamers and the absent-minded), helpful for mastering breath control (pranayama) and breathing difficulties. Neutral for all 3 doshas.
- Lavender - Lavandula officinalis - Promotes a steadying influence on the psyche, tempering extreme emotional states with a sense of rationality. Counteractive for a myriad of psychological imbalances: stress, anger, depression, hypertension, mood swings, insomnia, headache, hyperactivity, helpful for PMS, motion sickness, and fevers. Slightly lowers Pitta and Kapha, remains neutral for Vata.
- Lily - Lilium - Gently sedative and soothing, calms the heart, nerves and emotions. Helpful for irritability, anxiety, and insomnia. Prevents negative dreams, reduces worries and agitation. Stimulates the heart center, increasing faith, devotion, and virtue. Lowers Pitta and Vata, increases Kapha.
- Patchouli - Pogostemon patchouli - Strengthens the nerves and stimulates the senses, anti-depressive, helps put problems into perspective, aphrodesiac, regenerative, penetrates deep into the emotions, increases joy, especially beneficial for Kapha types. Lowers Vata and Kapha, increases Pitta.
- Rose - Rosa indica - Increases love, compassion and devotion, gives a sense of security and spiritual attunement, promotes sleep, reduces anger, gently anti-depressive, calms strife and instills a feeling of peace, happiness and confidence, helpful during menopause and for fluctuating female hormones. Slightly increases Vata and Kapha, and lowers Pitta.
- Sandal - Santalum album - Aids spiritual purification and meditation, focuses the mind away from distracting influences, stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands, reduces irritability, anxiety and depression, purifies the inner and outer atmosphere. Lowers Vata and Pitta, increases Kapha if used in excess.
Over 30 years ago Auromere Ayurvedic Imports started as a small community-owned business that became one of the first companies to introduce Ayurveda to the U.S. Today Auromere is a leading importer of Ayurvedic body care, conscious living products and literature. Auromere's mission is to bring the ancient spiritual and traditional healing wisdom of India and a higher consciousness within reach of our modern, fast-paced lives.
Ayurveda, literally, "the science of life," is the ancient system of promoting health and rejuvenation with natural herbs and minerals that began over 3000 years ago, with the legend of the great sage, Dhanwantari. As he sat in meditation in the midst of a forest, Nature revealed the curative and therapeutic properties of each tree, plant, herb, root, mineral and flower to him. These beneficial links between the vegetable, mineral and human worlds were documented and passed down through the centuries in a science that promotes bodily, psychological and spiritual health through the cultivation of a conscious, healthy diet and lifestyle. The practice of Ayurveda aims at a harmonious balance of Nature's three subtle energies, the doshas: vata, pitta and kapha, which are present in all life and matter and represent the key to maintaining and recovering a total well-being.
More than just natural, the wild-crafted herbs and minerals used within the Auromere recipes are noted for their unique beneficial and rejuvenative qualities. The purity and effectiveness of the Ayurvedic ingredients, formulations and manufacturing procedures make Auromere products distinctively different and delightfully powerful for maintaining health, well-being, and beauty. Products include toothpaste, mouth wash, handmade soaps, neem balm, shampoo, mud bath, massage oil, body lotion, aromatherapy incense and more. In addition Auromere imports a wide range of books on Ayurveda, holistic health, Integral Yoga, and classical spiritual texts from India. A complete listing of Auromere products and books can be found on the company's website.
The company works closely with its suppliers in India to ensure the highest quality, authentic, natural products, engaging local specialists, practitioners and cottage industries which provide employment in local village communities in various parts of the country.
Auromere itself is owned and operated by a non-profit Integral Yoga community and run by residential members and volunteers as a part of their spiritual practice. Proceeds support the upkeep and activities of the community, and donations are regularly channeled to schools and other Integral Yoga organizations in the U.S. and India, including Auroville, the bio-sustainable "City of Human Unity" in southeastern India where Auromere soap is made.