This authentic Ayurvedic incense comes in a unique variety of herbal fragrances known as masala preparations. It is made by hand according to the ancient method of rolling each stick from a fragrant dough of pure resins, herbs, and essences which have been used for thousands of years in the practice of Ayurveda.
Incense is one of the oldest forms of Aromatherapy that uses the subtle power of fragrances to reestablish balance and harmony in the body. This premium quality incense is made from fine essential oils, fragrant herbs, powders and resins, ranging from the most heavenly floral fragrances to the down-to-earth woody and herbal scents of the Ayurvedic preparations.
Premium quality incense made from fine essential oils, fragrant herbs, powders and resins. Each stick is rolled by hand and packaged in 100% handmade, recycled paper. Each stickis handrolled. Incense Sticks are air-dried in the sun.
Includes 8 packets, each Containing 3 Mini-Sticks of:
- Costen Well-Being - is made from the root of the Costus tree, a valued herb in Ayurvedic preparations, and is formulated with honey. The smoke has an overall soothing effect on the nerves and enhances the sense of well-being in the body.
- Kasturi - Aspiration - comes from the fruit of the Manjal tree in India and has a musk-like fragrance. The smoke is traditionally used as therapy for depression and to keep aspiration in the mind.
- Loban - Sanctity - is a fragrant resin from a type of pine tree. Crystals of Loban are burnt in temples all over India for the holy, sanctified atmosphere the smoke creates.
- Mattipal - Peace - comes from the fragrant sap of the Peepal tree, known as the "Bodhi" Tree because the Buddha achieved realization while seated in meditation beneath it. The fragrant smoke creates a soothing and deeply peaceful atmosphere.
- Resin - Concentration - comes from the fragrant sap of an Indian tree whose resinous crystals, according to Ayurvedic practice, are burnt to increase the power of concentration, to create a spiritual atmosphere, and repel bad spirits.
- Sambrani - Serenity - also known as Yellow Resin, comes from the fragrant sap of the Sal Tree and has been used in spiritual ceremonies since ancient times. Its smoke creates a soothing atmosphere of calm serenity.
- Sandalwood - Purity - has been treasured since antiquity for its exquisite fragrance and purifying properties. In Ayurveda, it is used to cool the nervous system, ease anxiety, and has the potent attribute of purifying the vital being (life-force) and atmosphere.
- Triphala - Rejuvenation - Translated as "three fruits" in Sanskrit, Triphala is a well known Ayurvedic rejuvenative compound prized for its harmonizing effect on the three doshas. Of the three ingredients: Haritaki is rejuvenative for Vata dosha, Amalaki for Pitta dosha and Bibitaki for Kapha dosha.
Over 30 years ago Auromere Ayurvedic Imports started as a small community-owned business that became one of the first companies to introduce Ayurveda to the U.S. Today Auromere is a leading importer of Ayurvedic body care, conscious living products and literature. Auromere's mission is to bring the ancient spiritual and traditional healing wisdom of India and a higher consciousness within reach of our modern, fast-paced lives.
Ayurveda, literally, "the science of life," is the ancient system of promoting health and rejuvenation with natural herbs and minerals that began over 3000 years ago, with the legend of the great sage, Dhanwantari. As he sat in meditation in the midst of a forest, Nature revealed the curative and therapeutic properties of each tree, plant, herb, root, mineral and flower to him. These beneficial links between the vegetable, mineral and human worlds were documented and passed down through the centuries in a science that promotes bodily, psychological and spiritual health through the cultivation of a conscious, healthy diet and lifestyle. The practice of Ayurveda aims at a harmonious balance of Nature's three subtle energies, the doshas: vata, pitta and kapha, which are present in all life and matter and represent the key to maintaining and recovering a total well-being.
More than just natural, the wild-crafted herbs and minerals used within the Auromere recipes are noted for their unique beneficial and rejuvenative qualities. The purity and effectiveness of the Ayurvedic ingredients, formulations and manufacturing procedures make Auromere products distinctively different and delightfully powerful for maintaining health, well-being, and beauty. Products include toothpaste, mouth wash, handmade soaps, neem balm, shampoo, mud bath, massage oil, body lotion, aromatherapy incense and more. In addition Auromere imports a wide range of books on Ayurveda, holistic health, Integral Yoga, and classical spiritual texts from India. A complete listing of Auromere products and books can be found on the company's website.
The company works closely with its suppliers in India to ensure the highest quality, authentic, natural products, engaging local specialists, practitioners and cottage industries which provide employment in local village communities in various parts of the country.
Auromere itself is owned and operated by a non-profit Integral Yoga community and run by residential members and volunteers as a part of their spiritual practice. Proceeds support the upkeep and activities of the community, and donations are regularly channeled to schools and other Integral Yoga organizations in the U.S. and India, including Auroville, the bio-sustainable "City of Human Unity" in southeastern India where Auromere soap is made.