Candles For Ears
Body Tools Ear Candles are used to clean ears and are believed to help with various ear disorders. Cone candles are sometimes referred to as ear candles and are believed to have originated in Egypt. Because of the success of this technique it spread to Greece and China and is now practiced throughout the world. Candling is the process in which the candle is lit and used to create a gentle vacuum. This can dislodge wax or debris and pull it into the candle.
Things you will Need:
- Two or more candles
- Paper plate
- Container of water
- An assistant
- Lighter or matches
- Moist towel
- Have all your items close to the person.
- Find a comfortable place to lie down making sure that all items are easily accessible.
- Make an X in the plate large enough for the small end of the candle to fit through.
- Insert the small end of the candle through the plate.
- Make sure the end is not pressed shut.
- Have the person lie on one side with the ear opening level.
- Put the damp towel over the shoulders and around the head leaving the ear exposed.
- Insert the small end of the candle snugly into the ear, so no smoke will escape.
- Once this has been done the assistant can light the candle.
- Have the assistant adjust the candle to where it feels most comfortable, but insure that no smoke is coming from the ear opening.
- You may cut the ash from the burning end to keep the air flow constant.
- As you cut the ash, balance it on the scissors and place it in the water.
- Let the candle burn to about 3 inches above the plate and then remove from the ear.
- Take the candle out of the plate and extinguish it in the water.
Your Price: $4.49
Save up to 22%