Crispy and chewy, Designer Whey Protein Bars are decadently delicious without the guilt. They are packed with 10g of protein (the right amount to power your active lifestyle and help curb hunger) and offer an excellent source of calcium, Vitamin C and B-vitamins all for 170 calories or less! Seize YOUR day!
- Get Fit - Designer Whey Protein Bars can help you eat less, recover from exercise and also give you that added energy you need. Have a protein bar first thing in the morning to kickstart your day.
- Get Strong - Exercise and improper diet can deplete protein levels. Whey protein helps build strong muscles.
Eat 20 minutes after a workout to help recover and build muscle.
- Get Results - A Designer Whey Protein Bar is the perfect snack to help control cravings -- letting you take control of your weight. Eat mid-morning or mid-afternoon to help curb your appetite.
About Designer Whey
With so much information and so many different protein sources, it can be hard to determine what is accurate and what you should take. We ll try to keep it simple.
It all starts with you. Your body has different needs for different situations. With a regular, well-balanced diet, you are already getting a good amount of protein from many of the foods you eat. But with our multitasking, hectic schedules, and workouts, your body needs additional protein to recover and, depending on your workouts, build muscle.
That s where whey comes in:
- Whey is pure so your body quickly absorbs it for maximum post-workout recovery and nutrition.
- Whey is a complete lean protein with the right balance of amino acids and protein to help your immune system.
If you really want to know the science behind it, read on:
High Biological Value
Whey is superior to all other forms of protein, boasting the perfect amino acid profile for muscle building, strength, and recovery. Based on its biological value (BV), the measure of a particular protein s effect on nitrogen balance, as well as its protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS), a measure of how well a particular protein supplies the nine essential amino acids, whey protein scored higher than meat and eggs!
Whey protein also empties from the stomach and is absorbed into the bloodstream faster than other proteins, which results in speedier muscle recovery. As such, it is the preferred choice for post-workout nutrition when the body is in a catabolic state.
Strong Amino Acids
Whey protein contains high concentrations of the branched chain amino acids that are metabolized during exercise, most notably valine, isoleucine, and leucine.
Perhaps just as impressively, whey protein works as an antioxidant to boost your body s immune system. In fact, scientific studies have shown that regular supplementation with whey protein can help prevent illness and disease.