Stainless Steel 3-In-One ECO Lunchbox
Ready to say goodbye to plastic baggies and other leachy plastic food containers? Try our three-in-one stainless steel bento box! This nifty BPA-free lunchbox is great for packing a child's lunch, which typically contains three items: a sandwich and two side dishes. Most children prefer their foods served separately... because they don't like them mixed up, so our bento box-style lunchbox fits the bill perfectly. It's great for adults, too, so long as serving sizes are not too big.
- 2-layer stainless steel bento box with upstairs inner box. Dishwasher safe. No plastic. Closures are kid-tested and will not snap little fingers.
- When closed, the lunch box measures 4 inches wide, 5 1/2 inches long and 2 3/4 inches high.
- The bottom layer is 1 inch deep and fits a whole sandwich on sliced bread.
- The top layer is 1 1/2 inches deep and fits cut fruit, dry snacks, pasta or salad.
- The small inner box, which contains 1/2 cup of wet foods, is good for applesauce, cut fruit and salads, but its pressure fitting stainless steel lid is not 100% leak-proof because no plastic is used. Made in India.
- Independently lab tested as lead-free, food-safe, series 205 stainless steel.
What's for lunch? You hope it's not toxic lead, plastic and vinyl. And whatever delicious, nutritious food you've packed should fill up your tummy - not the garbage can, too. Yet so often these days we can't be sure our lunchboxes are non-toxic and waste-free. There are surprisingly few options to the standard vinyl, insulated lunchboxes that are so widely and cheaply available through big-box retailers.
And when it comes to filling our lunchboxes with food for school or the office, we reflexively turn to the usual plastic containers and throw-aways, such as plastic baggies, plastic tub containers, juice boxes, questionably safe plastic drinking bottles and pre-packaged supermarket snacks, like yogurts, chips and crackers.
Some reusable lunchbox options, such as stainless steel food containers and coated aluminum water bottles and plastic bento-box-style lunchboxes, have entered the market in recent years. But cobbling together a no-garbage lunchbox solution that avoids the health risks of vinyl, plastic, lead and aluminum is a daunting challenge in today's marketplace.
Your Price: $22.11