Ecover Ecological Cream Scrub Cleaner is based on plant and mineral ingredients using the power of nature. Remove the grease and grime left from your day-to-day with this gentle abrasive cleaner. Plant-based and mineral ingredients pack a punch without harmful chemicals. Cream Scrub Cleaner degreases and removes stains without scratching, and is only mildly abrasive with no chemical residue. In addition, Ecover Cream Scrub Cleaner is made with plant-based and mineral ingredients to guarantee fast and complete biodegradability, minimum impact on aquatic life, and safe for septic tanks. Ecover never tests on animals.
Ecover offers efficient and sustainable solutions for the hygienic needs of people today and future generations. It might sound idealistic. Heck, it definitely does, but they've been at this for over thirty years now, and still haven't lost sight of their guiding principles. Ecover thinks they keep the company young and focused: Respect, Integrity and Commitment.
To give you a better understanding of their approach, below is an explanation of each phase and the criteria within.
- Phase 1, Extraction - which is how the ingredients are sourced and great formulations are created.
- Under the Extraction phase are the following three criteria: Renewable Resource, Green Chemistry and Resource Proximity.
- What this means is, whenever possible, Ecover sources the ingredients as close to their factories as possible. After all, it wouldn't make sense to run all over the globe sourcing ingredients in the name of sustainability while simultaneously racking up the carbon footprint. They also make sure they're not mining the earth for ingredients that aren't renewable. Even if a potential ingredient would make for a powerful cleaner or is cheap to get, if that ingredient is at risk of depletion or takes eons to renew, they won't use it.
- To round out this first phase, the science behind converting all those ingredients into cleaners uses green chemistry. They like to call this Clever Science. What it means is that they ensure the ingredients can be responsibly transformed into cleaners without creating a swarm of pollution during production.
- Phase 2, Consumption - this is where you come in; it comes down to how Ecover products work and what they do for you. These are the criteria for Phase 2: Primary Efficiency, Secondary Efficiency, and Consumer Safety.
- They're sticking to their commitment to create great cleaning products, because what's the point in buying "green cleaners" if they don't work or you have to use twice as much to get the job done? To ensure truly effective cleaners, Ecover products undergo a series of performance evaluations and comparisons in on-site laboratories (mad scientist included).
- And of course, your well being comes first. Who needs harsh chemical fumes or residue in their home? Nobody. That's why Vincotte Environmental checks to make sure they formulate products to be safe to use as well.
- Phase 3, Absorption - this is where Mother Nature gets a hand, ensuring Ecover doesn't make pretty products that wreak havoc on the environment when they go back out into the world. Protecting waterways and aquatic life is a major priority at Ecover. Of course, each phase is important, but it's pretty obvious from the number of criteria under this last phase that this is a sweet spot.
- Here they are: Aquatic Safety, Limited Aquatic Impact, Aerobically Degradable Ingredients, Anaerobically Degradable Surfactants, Phosphorous Absence, VOC Absence, Primary Packaging Optimization
- Whew, that's a tall order! Did you think that your cleaning products just disappear once you pull the plug? They usually don't. Since we all have to protect waterways just as much as we've got to do six loads of laundry or clean the dishes, Ecover creates products that disappear all the way and that do so quickly.
- They like to say, "do the dishes, not the fishes!" How they do it is by making sure their products quickly and completely biodegrade. They make sure the products need the minimal amount of water to become neutral again and that they have the lowest possible levels of volatile organic compounds.
- Lastly, they work tirelessly to find the best possible packaging options - what's on the outside is a big deal when you're talking plastics. That's why they recently made the switch to 100% PlantPlastic that's also 100% recyclable and renewable.