From the #1 natural oral care brand comes Tom's of Maine's Naturally Clean Toothbrush. It is the toothbrush that's good for your smile and your world. It has a recyclable plant-based handle that is made from renewable castor oil plants instead of petroleum and is recyclable through Tom's of Maine's TerraCycle collection program. It is also equipped with an angled neck and dye-free, multi-height bristles that are precisely designed for effective cleaning. And freedom from BPA and artificial colors means you're making a good choice for you and your family.
- Multi-height bristles clean deep in between teeth and along gum line
- Angled neck to access hard-to-reach areas
- Thumb grip designed for brushing comfort
- Slim handle fits in standard toothbrush holders
What Tom's of Maine Doesn't Use In Their Products:
- Artificial colors: Because Tom's do not add artificial colors, the appearance of our products may vary from batch to batch.
- Artificial flavors or fragrances: Tom's do not use any synthetic flavors, colors, or fragrances. Tom's customers prefer the fresh, natural taste and smell of herbs, fruits, and flowers (or no fragrance at all!).
- Artificial preservatives (EDTA, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.): Natural preservatives work as well or better than artificial alternatives. For example, we use rosemary to help guard freshness in our soaps.
- Animal ingredients: Tom's support of non-animal-testing models also includes the belief that Tom's doesn't need to use animal ingredients to create effective products. Just one example: glycerin, used in toothpastes and soaps, is often made from animal ingredients, but their is vegetable-based.
- Ethylene glycol: Ethylene glycol can be found in hair care products and facial/body washes as a fragrance ingredient, a solvent, and as an aid in controlling viscosity. Tom's use water and ingredients derived from corn, coconut and palm kernel oils, and sea salt to control consistency in our body washes, and natural fragrances in all of our products.
- Gluten: Aside from our liquid hand soap and body wash, which contain wheat protein, all other Tom's of Maine products are gluten-free. Tom's do not use alcohol, casein or caseinate, MSG, wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt, spelt, kamut, HPP, or HVP. None of our flavor oils are grain-distilled. Tom's do not use flour of any kind in their manufacturing process for conveyor belts or for any other purpose, and their containers are not dusted with flour before filling.
- Parabens: Parabens are used as fragrance ingredients or as preservatives. Tom's rely instead on natural preservatives and ingredients.
- Peroxides: Tom's do not use bleach or peroxide in their whitening toothpastes; Tom's instead use silica from sand to clean your teeth and create a whiter appearance.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are used to improve the performance of some personal care/cosmetic products (for example, to fix fragrance in a formula), but Tom's have always avoided this class of ingredient.
- Saccharin or other artificial sweeteners: Many conventional toothpastes contain artificial sweeteners; our customers prefer a less-sweet natural flavor. Tom'suse natural sweeteners such as xylitol and rely on the naturally delicious tastes of fruits and herbs to flavor our toothpastes.
- Triclosan: Tom's products do not contain the ingredient triclosan.
Tom's of Maine believes that both human beings and nature have inherent worth and deserve our respect, that's why they never test on animals.