Originally designed for Swedish school children in 1978, the Kanken has become a beloved icon for kids and adults around the world. Durable Vinylon F material repels moisture better than any other synthetic fabric, while the vast color palette complements every task and style. The Classic Kanken features a zippered main compartment, simple shoulder straps, and hardwearing Vinylon F fibers that swell in humid weather for superior water-resistance.
- Handles: Quick-grab handles for easy lift and side carry
- Pockets: Two side pockets and front zippered pocket for maps, keys, and more
- Material: Hardwearing Vinylon F fabric for durability
Fjallraven develops equipment for active use in the outdoors. Only products that are functional, durable, timeless, dependable, user-friendly and versatile meet their quality requirements. This is how it always has been and how it always will be. Fjallraven considers this to be our responsibility as an outdoor company. Here are their rules for their products:
Rule 1: Functionality
We work hard to develop functional equipment by carefully considering everything from new smart solutions to improved material. Our goal is to offer outdoor equipment that allows you to spend more – and more enjoyable – time in nature.
Rule 2: Durability
A Fjallraven product is a guarantee that you will not need to buy a new product for a long, long time. Our users know that our products live up to strict requirements and last for a long time. Many products last for generations. This long lifecycle depends on many factors - for example production experience, superior choice of material, product assembly and strict quality controls during the production process.
Rule 3: Timelessness
We develop products that you will be able to use year after year without getting tired of them. Instead of following fleeting trends, we are fully focused on function, and our design is simple and timeless.
Rule 4: Dependability
When we design our products, we choose material and solutions that combined give you a safe, dependable product you will be able to use outdoors. We are aware that our equipment might be used in situations where there is not a lot of room for error, which is why all of our products are tested by experienced test groups before being sent to our retailers.
Rule 5: User-friendliness
Our products should be easy to handle after a short introduction period. It does not matter how smart the functions we add to our products are if they are difficult to use in exposed environments. For example, it is for this very reason our tents are not only stable but also easy to pitch in rough weather.
Rule 6: Versatility
One of the joys of spending time in nature is the unbelievable variation that can be found there. Storm winds might be blowing one day while the sun shines from a clear blue sky the next. You have most likely already noticed how nature's versatility is also reflected in our products. Our G-1000 fabric, which can be easily adapted to the weather conditions by adding Greenland Wax, and our backpacks, which have a number of different adjustments, are just two examples.
- We do not sell real fur, whether as clothes, accessories or other products. Fjallraven has signed the international Retailer Commitment Against Fur and we instead use our synthetic alternative, Arctic Fur.
- We do not approve of mulesing, the surgical procedure carried out on merino sheep in Australia to make them less attractive for blowflies, and therefore have decided to shift our purchases to suppliers that can guarantee mulesing-free merino wool.
- We do not accept the plucking of live geese. We only use high-quality down that comes from contracted farms where the geese are slaughtered for food. We received an honourable mention in 2010 for our control of our down process.
- We support the endangered arctic fox by donating money to supplement the food supply close to inhabited dens and by increasing the general public's knowledge about the plight of the arctic fox. This project is conducted in cooperation with Stockholm University.
- We are constantly on the hunt for materials and methods of production that are less harmful to the environment but do not compromise the quality of our products. For us, quality is not just how well a product works and how long it lasts, but also how it has been produced.
- We are proud of what we are doing, but we are far from finished. We are constantly weighing advantages against disadvantages, conducting research and trying to make improvements. Every little step we take, in a number of different areas, is part of a journey toward something big - and noticeable.