Life Extension Enhanced Natural Sleep with Dual-Action Melatonin is a natural sleep aid. The consequences of sleep deprivation go far beyond the miseries of fatigue and diminished performance. Decades of clinical research document that a good night's rest supports nearly all systems of the body, including:
- Skin health and youthful appearance
- Healthy collagen formation
- Insulin levels already within normal range
- Healthy body weight
- Glucose levels already within normal range
- Blood pressure already within normal range
- Healthy cell division
- Cardiovascular health
- Good mood
Scientists attribute sleep-related difficulties to the unprecedented levels of stress most of us endure in today's fast-paced world.
To add insult to injury, sleep quality and duration decline as we grow older-at a time when we need the health benefits of a good night's rest more than ever.
To combat the profound impact of chronic sleep debt on health and youthful appearance, Life Extension now offers Enhanced Natural Sleep with Dual-Action Melatonin. This new formula brings together three clinically validated, natural compounds that have been shown to support healthy, restful sleep, promote healthy response to stress, while targeting sleep debt-related factors associated with skin aging. The three ingredients are:
1. Bioactive Milk Peptides (Lactium) is a cutting-edge nutrient complex consisting of patented bioactive peptides found naturally in milk. Used widely in Europe to promote sustained and restful sleep patterns, published studies reveal that these bioactive milk peptides also promote relaxation, help with stress and support daytime cognition.
A group of 60 women reporting a variety of sleep-related difficulties experienced as much as 65.6% improvement in their symptoms with 150 milligrams per day of these bioactive milk peptides. In another study, the same 150 milligram dose induced substantial improvements across 27 markers of sleep quality and stress response in 165 healthy adults. And in a third study, a group of healthy men and women taking 150 milligrams per day of these bioactive milk peptides for one month experienced a 50% improvement in sleep quality after two weeks and needed 30% less time to fall asleep after 4 weeks.
2. Melatonin (very low dose). Melatonin levels naturally decline with age and adversely affect sleep patterns in many people. Both immediate and timed-release melatonin has been shown to support restful sleep. So much so that time-release melatonin has been licensed since June 2007 in Europe and other countries for the short-term treatment of sleep disorders.
3. Sendara. A proprietary nutrient complex consisting of ashwagandha and Indian gooseberry extracts. Prized in traditional cultures for their ability to promote healthy skin function and appearance, these plant-based compounds have since gained substantial clinical validation. Indian gooseberry provides broad-spectrum antioxidant support and has been used to preserve youthful skin health and appearance in many skin care products. Ashwagandha promotes a healthy response to stress, yielding 62% reductions in anxiety compared to placebo with just 125 milligrams per day in one clinical study.
Enhanced Natural Sleep with Dual-Action Melatonin should be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime to help with sleep.