Wedderspoon Organic 100% Raw Organic New Zealand Wild Rata Honey is sourced from the protected Rata tree (Southern rata, Metrosideros umbellata), found in New Zealand's National Forests. The tree only flowers once every 2 years, making Rata an extremely rare honey. Wedderspoon Organic 100% Raw Organic New Zealand Wild Rata Honey is thick and creamy and very white in colour. It has a wonderfully rich aroma and a very unique taste, and contains live enzymes, minerals and vitamins, making it a tasty super food. Wedderspoon Organic hopes you enjoy the well known benefits of manuka honey.
- 100% Certified Organic by Asure Quality in New Zealand and Ecocert.
- Unpasteurized and has not been blended or mixed with other honeys.
- All the natural bee enzymes are still live in the product.
- The bees are not fed sugar and are not treated with any antibiotics.
- The hives are not sprayed with any pesticides.
- Their honey is GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) Free.
- Their honey has been thoroughly tested in a private New Zealand Laboratory using the famous Waikato University testing method.
- Each produced batch of their honey is carefully monitored and can be directly traced back to the ethical beekeeper.
Wedderspoon is committed to providing ethical, premium organically certified Manuka honey and other raw and rare specialty New Zealand honeys.
Experts agree it is a good idea to load up on whole foods that contain live enzymes. Organic Raw Unpasteurized Manuka Honey and other products from Wedderspoon offer this opportunity, on top of being considered one of nature's top superfoods!
You can rest assured that products contain only unpasteurized honey that has not been blended or mixed with other honeys. Only certified organic can guarantee this as honey board regulations in Canada and the USA do not regulate the import of honey for these major components. The Wedderspoon line is also GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) FREE.
Supporting organic honey means you are not supporting conventional commercial pesticide crops and are looking for something more ethical for a healthier planet. It always comes full-circle: taking care of the bees to take care of our bodies, also takes care of the planet we live on.
Supporting organic bees also means fighting the Bee Colony Collapse Disorder and sick bees. Wedderspoon is a strong advocate against conventional practices. Wedderspoon's bees are not fed white refined sugar like conventional bees and are not treated with any antibiotics but with organic honey, helping the immune system of the bees and not denaturing the lives of those hard workers.
The beehives are not sprayed or managed with any pesticides. Wedderspoon tests against a wide variety of chemicals found commonly throughout New Zealand including 250 different chemicals. This is neither mandatory for conventional Manuka products nor certified by a third-party company.
Organic beekeeping also means all the natural bee enzymes are still live and intact in the products.