Lumino Diatomaceous Earth Powder is an organic alternative to toxic chemicals for a cleaner, more enjoyable and beautiful home. Use Diatomaceous Earth as a natural deodorizer, non-toxic cleanser, nourish plants and cleanse teeth, skin and nails. Made with 100% diatomaceous earth (amorphous non-crystalline silica) is chemical free, non-toxic and safe around humans and animals. DE is Organic Material Review Institute listed, fossilized freshwater diatoms and is approved by the USDA as an additive for food storage. Lumino DE is mined, crushed and bagged in the USA.
As a Natural Deodorizer:
- Garbage Can -- Sprinkle DE in bottom of garbage can to deodorize.
- Kitty Litter Box -- Mix a handful of DE with kitty litter. Not only deodorizes but also absorbs moisture. DE is odorless so it will not deter cats from using box.
- Vacuum Cleaner Bags -- Place two tablespoons of DE in vacuum bag or canister to deodorize. Replenish when half full.
- Refrigerator -- Use as you would baking soda.
- Footwear -- Sprinkle in shoes, leave overnight, shake out well, then wipe up residue.
As a Non-toxic Cleanser and Absorbent:
- Soft Scrub Cleanser -- Mix DE with dish soap to make a paste, adding a few drops of vinegar if desired.
- Muddy Footprints on Carpet -- Sprinkle DE powder on wet or dry mud spots. Apply with stiff broom or brush without rubbing. Vacuum in 1-2 hours or when powder and mud appear dry.
- Polish Silver, Gold Flatware, Jewelry -- Mix DE with water to form paste. Apply with cloth and wash well. Tarnish can be removed by rubbing with dry DE and cloth.
For a Glorious Garden:
- Preserve and Store Flower Bulbs -- Sprinkle bulbs lightly with DE. Store in an air permeable bag, hang in a dry place for airflow.
- Amendment for Soil -- For houseplants, use mix of 1/4 DE to 3/4 soil. As a soil conditioner if helps break up clay and retains moisture in light or sandy soils. Its 14 trace minerals will help amend depleted soils.
Easy Beauty Secrets:
- Facial Mask -- Mix DE and water or oil to make a paste. Apply with a circular motion until face is fully covered. Leave on 2 to 5 minutes then wash off with warm water.
- Microderm Glow -- Mix DE with your favorite cleanser to slough off dead skin cells.
- Teeth Cleaner -- Sprinkle a small amount of DE on your toothpaste and brush as you normally would.
- Nail Soak -- Mix with your favorite oil to strengthen nails.