L-Glutamine is a “conditionally” essential amino acid. The average healthy person can usually make enough glutamine to meet biological needs. A shortage of glutamine may arise when there is disease, injury or other physiological abnormality that increases the body’s requirement for glutamine. Glutamine is essential for the metabolism, structure, and function of the gastrointestinal tract and its associated immune component.* Glutamine serves as a major source of fuel for the cells that line the intestinal tract, helping to maintain their normal, healthy function.* Immune cells require glutamine to help function properly. During times of physical stress an individual’s requirement for glutamine increases dramatically. Providing the body with glutamine as L-glutamine helps maintain lean muscle mass, helps the healing process and supports the body during all types of physical stress.
- Our L-glutamine is the highest quality, pharmaceutical grade, free form L-glutamine available.
- Free form L-glutamine at 4500 mg per teaspoon
- L-glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in the blood and serves as a major source of fuel for the cells that line the intestinal tract.
- L-glutamine is essential for a normal, healthy immune system (of which about 1/3 resides in the GI tract) and during intense exercise, glutamine requirements may increase.
- Supplemental forms of L-glutamine may be needed during periods of intense exercise because it is difficult to get the necessary amounts through diet alone.
Your Price: $11.66