Psi Bands are acupressure wrist bands for nausea due to morning sickness/pregnancy, motion sickness/travel, anesthesia, and chemotherapy. Stylish (several colors from which to choose), adjustable for personalized comfort and fit, waterproof (no more soggy wrist bands), and reusable. Bands adjust to fit up to a 7 1/2 inch wrist. Adjust the dial to choose the amount of pressure.
What is acupressure?
Acupressure is the stimulation of specific points throughout the body. This therapy may be self-administered or conducted by another person using fingers, thumbs, elbows, or feet to apply pressure to a specific point(s) to provide comfort and alleviate a symptom(s). Acupressure uses pressure to stimulate the body's natural self-curative abilities.
How do Psi Bands work?
Psi Bands use wrist acupressure, an ancient healing art. Scientific studies support the use of wrist acupressure for nausea.
How do I wear Psi Bands?
- Place one band on the inside of each wrist, 2 1/2 finger widths above the center of your wrist crease between the wrist tendons. This placement is known as the Nei-kuan acupressure point. The button should be facing in and the dial should be facing out.
- Both bands should be worn at the same time.
- To adjust the band size around the wrist, place the post of the dial through the appropriate band hole. Feed the slack of the band under the slide-able collar, just as you would with a watch. It should feel snug yet comfortable.
- To increase or decrease pressure on the Nei-kuan acupressure point, rotate the dial. It should feel snug yet comfortable.
Will Psi Bands fit me?
One size fits most. Psi Bands use a watch-like adjustable band with multiple settings from which to choose. They will fit wrists up to 7.5 inches in circumference.
Are Psi Bands reusable?
Psi Bands are reusable and should be replaced if they no longer provide pressure on the Nei-kuan acupressure point.
Do I have to wear both bands?
Yes, both bands should be worn at the same time.
How long do I have to wear Psi Bands?
Psi Bands may be worn on an as needed basis at the first sign of nausea. Clinical studies support their effectiveness up to 48 continuous hours. They are reusable. They may also be worn up to 5 minutes before traveling or surgery. The response to acupressure is individual. We do not have clinical studies to support or deny the bands’ effectiveness after 48 continuous hours of wear. One option is to remove the bands before bed time and then re-apply in the morning.
How do I clean Psi Bands?
To clean Psi Bands, use a damp cloth with mild soap and wipe gently; air dry.
What are the Psi Bands warnings?
- Psi Bands should only be used on the Nei-kuan acupressure point. Use at any other location will not work. The effectiveness of Psi Bands may vary depending upon patient selection, or may vary between patients depending upon individual patient characteristics.
- Nausea and vomiting can be associated with serious conditions. Contact a doctor if symptoms persist.
- The button may leave a temporary visible ring on your skin. If skin irritation, pain, or swelling occurs beneath the bands or buttons, stop wearing the bands. Call your doctor if symptoms persist.
- If you have a problem with reduced circulation, contact a doctor before using Psi Bands.
- Although acupressure may be effective on its own or when combined with other forms of therapy, it should not be used as a replacement for doctor-prescribed treatment.
- Keep out of the reach of young children. This is not a toy. The dial, button, and collar are choking hazards if removed.
- Use only as directed.
- Contraindications: None known. Psi Bands are a latex-free product.
Can children wear the bands?
We do not have clinical studies to support or deny the effectiveness on children.
Do Psi Bands help with vertigo or migraines?
Psi Bands are FDA-cleared for nausea due to morning sickness, motion sickness, anesthesia and chemotherapy. We do not have clinical studies that support or deny their effectiveness for any other medical condition (i.e. vertigo, migraines).
Are Psi Bands BPA-Free?
The plastic we use for the bands is BPA free.
Your Price: $10.49