Turmeric (also known as haldi) is an herbal tonic known to support important blood and liver functions, and to be an abundant source of healthful antioxidants. These antioxidants work to protect cells from free radical damage, which is ultimately reflected in radiant, supple hair, skin and nails.
- Botanical name: Curcuma longa
- Part used: Root
- Qualities: heating, pungent, bitter, and astringent.
- Systems: Digestive, respiratory, and circulatory.
- Ayurveda: Decreases Kapha, increases Pitta & Vata when used in excess.
- Abundant in antioxidants
- Supports healthy joint function
- Traditionally used for beautiful skin & nails
- Certified 100% organic
- GMO free
- Kosher & Halal certified
Traditionally, Ayurveda uses a combination of herbal wisdom, yoga practices, and diet. Organic India offers a selection of the traditional Ayurvedic bulk herbs in bulk packaging. These herbs are 100% certified organic and free from any additives, preservatives, binders, or fillers. Organic India USA is a member of the American Herbal Products Association.