- Helps to manage normal daily stress*
- Supports healthy aging and brain function*
Living with stress is part of living in today's world. Stress is your body's natural response to everyday physical, emotional and environmental demands. You can't avoid this stress altogether, but using Avesta Ashwagandha, combined with a healthy diet and lifestyle changes, can help minimize its negative effects.
The Science of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is renowned as an herbal adaptogen. In the Indian Ayurvedic tradition it is used as a Rasayana, a dietary supplement or practice promoting rejuvenation, mental and physical health, as well as providing a defense against aging and challenging environmental factors. Ashwagandha root has been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative damage caused by exposure to stressors.
- Ashwagandha reduced the number of neurons damaged due to oxidative stress by 80% – an effect attributed to protection against stress-induced free radicals in key areas of the brain.
- In animals administered Ashwagandha, researchers found significant protection against the negative effects of chronic stress on memory, mood, sexual behavior, immune function and antioxidant levels in the brain.
- In a placebo-controlled study, men and women given an extract of Ashwagandha root showed improved mental skills by performing better in reaction times, mental arithmetic and logical deductions.
- Ashwagandha has also demonstrated benefits in signs of aging. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study in healthy men aged 50-59 years, red blood cell counts and hemoglobin level were significantly increased, the decrease in nail calcium was significantly less, the erythrocyte sedimentation rate significantly decreased, and while the seated stature of the subjects significantly improved, 71.4% subjectively reported improvements in their sexual performance.
Take 1 (500 mg) capsule, one to two times per day or as directed by your health care practitioner. Best results are achieved after 30 days. Not to be taken during pregnancy, nor combined with anticoagulants, antidepressants, sedatives, narcotics, anti-anxiety agents, thyroid medication, hypoglycemic agents or diuretics. If nursing a baby or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
In Ayurveda there are seven basic body constitutions resulting from the predominance of one or more energetic influences or Doshas. The Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha, influence physical, mental and spiritual health. Everyone is considered to be a unique combination of these three body influences. Your natural Doshic state of balance is called Prakruti. Ashwagandha is used for general health, managing stress and to enhance physical and mental stamina. It can also have numerous balancing benefits for the Doshas.
Care For The Environment
As a manufacturer, our actions can have a large impact on the environment. We always look for the most earth-friendly, sustainable choice. Avesta Ashwagandha features:
- Vegetarian capsules with no animal-derived ingredients
- Extraction using only pure water & alcohol, not toxic solvents
- Non-irradiated herbs
- Organic cotton stuffing
- Bottles that are easily recyclable #2 plastic, HDPE