- With Stevia Extract
- Low Glycemic Index
- Superior Taste
- 40% Less Calories Than Sugar
- Supports Dental Health*
- Supports Healthy Bones
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that is naturally present in small amounts in various fruits and vegetables. The Finnish name for Xylitol is "koivusokeri", or birch sugar, a reference to the extraction of Xylitol from birch bark. Considerable amounts of Xylitol are formed in the body every day as a result of normal metabolic processes. Although it is classified as a carbohydrate, this sweet crystalline substance is slowly absorbed from the digestive tract and does not cause rapid rises in blood glucose. In addition, the caloric impact of Xylitol is typically about 40% lower than other carbohydrates, making it a healthy addition to any diet.
Discovered simultaneously by French and German scientists in 1891, Xylitol has been safely used since the 1970's as an ingredient in gums and candies due to its unique and clinically proven dental benefits. Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that cannot be utilized by bacteria in the mouth. More recent research in laboratory animals has also shown that Xylitol may support healthy bones.* The xylitol in this product is derived from a corn source.
Since 1968 NOW has been committed to providing high quality, affordable natural foods, vitamins and personal care products. No compromises, no added costs, no unnecessary frills.
In addition to our Xylitol Plus with Stevia, NOW offers Xylitol and Stevia separately for your convenience, in a variety of forms.
We continue to provide certified organic or natural foods, grains, flours and seeds through health food stores. As a family owned and operated business, we offer the health-conscious consumer three generations of honesty, quality, purity and commitment.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one packet as desired.
Contains no: salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, shellfish, preservatives, artificial colors, artificial flavors, or artificial sweeteners.
Warning: Xylitol is safe for people, but harmful to dogs. Do not feed to pets.