What is Cold-EEZE®?Cold-EEZE lozenges shorten the life cycle of a cold and restore health faster. Treating with Cold-EEZE can help you get back to your normal routine faster.
- Cold-EEZE reduces the duration and symptoms of the common cold including cough, stuffy nose, sore throat, sneezing, post-nasal drip and hoarseness.
- The Cold-EEZE proprietary (zinc gluconate glycine) formula is believed by researchers to interfere with the cold virus’ (rhinovirus) ability to reproduce.
- The Cold-EEZE zinc gluconate glycine (ZIGG™) was shown to be effective in reducing the duration of the common cold by up to 42% in multiple clinical studies. This could reduce your cold by up to 3 to 4 days.
- The Cold-EEZE brand is the #1 pharmacist-recommended zinc cold treatment. It is recommended two-to-one over Zicam. (Source: Pharmacy Times OTC survey — June 2008.)
- Cold-EEZE uses natural flavors and has no preservatives or colors. It is non-drowsy, non-agitating and safe for patients with high blood pressure.
When to take Cold-EEZE®
Cold-EEZE reduces the duration and symptoms of the common cold including cough, stuffy nose, sore throat, sneezing, post-nasal drip and hoarseness.
For best results, Cold-EEZE treatment should be started within 24-48 hours of the start of a cold and used daily until all symptoms resolve. The earlier, the better. Here's how:
- Completely Dissolve a Cold-EEZE lozenge in your mouth. Do not chew. Repeat every 2 to 4 hours as needed.
- The recommended daily dosage is 6 lozenges per day, which means an 18 count bag/box is a 3 day supply of Cold-EEZE. However, adolescents in a clinical study dissolved 4 lozenges per day and experienced similar results as Adults in previous studies dissolving 6 lozenges.
- Cold-EEZE is safe to take with most other medications including other symptom relievers.
- Avoid stomach upset — do not dissolve Cold-EEZE lozenges on an empty stomach.
- Avoid citrus fruits and juices as well as other products containing citric acid ½ hour before and after taking Cold-EEZE lozenges, as they may diminish product effectiveness.
- Zinc may interfere with the absorption of minocycline, doxycycline, tetracycline as well as Coumadin. Ask a Doctor prior to using Cold-EEZE.
Cold-EEZE® vs. Competitors
Not all Natural Homeopathic Cold Remedies and Dietary Supplements are created equal. Because Cold-EEZE has peer reviewed and published clinical studies that show the powerful and safe effects of its proprietary formula, Pharmacists have made it the #1 recommended zinc cold remedy for the past 10 years.
You should choose products that have demonstrated clinical efficacy studies to make sure that you are using a product that has been shown to work. The Cold-EEZE formula has more clinical research than other homeopathic cold remedies and dietary supplements. In fact, unlike Cold-EEZE some products have no studies whatsoever.
Cold-EEZE had been shown in clinical studies to reduce the duration of the common cold by up to 42%.
- 80% of colds are due to the rhinovirus.
- Rhinoviruses have a negative (-) molecular charge.
- Zinc ions have a positive (+) molecular charge.
- Zinc ions are attracted to the rhinovirus like metal filings to a magnet.
- They keep the rhinovirus from effectively reproducing.
Other forms of zinc are sold as dietary supplements to aid the immune system. However, only ionizing zinc delivered to the mucosal surface have shown positive clinical results. Because of its unique formula, Cold-EEZE delivers 92% +/- (3%) of its available zinc ions to the mucosal surface.
Common pharmaceutical sweeteners such as sorbital, mannitol, ascorbic and citric acids will render it unable to ionize. These pharmaceutical sweeteners are not present in Cold-EEZE but are present in most other zinc products. Check all labels before purchasing!