Oligonol is a particularly innovative antioxidant and anti-ageing nutritional supplement. It contains oligomerised polyphenols - the first supplement in which polyphenol polymers have been successfully converted into oligomers, molecules with superior bioavailability and much greater biological activity.
- The polyphenols in Oligonol have a low molecular weight, they are thus easier to absorb and more bioavailable. Studies comparing Oligonol with extracts of green tea, apple, grapeseed and pinebark, show that: is much more quickly absorbed (as measured by levels of polyphenols in the blood)
- It has greater antioxidant capacity
- It has superior bioavailability
- Oligonol is rapidly absorbed in humans.
Polyphenol blood concentrations increase in a dose-dependent manner during periods of supplementation Oligonol is derived from lychee fruit. Lychee has been a valued fruit renown for thousands of years for promoting healthy aging. In ancient China, the Emperor's concubine, Yang Gui Fei, reportedly maintained her breath taking beauty for all the many years of her life because of litchi which the Emperor horded from all over China for her use only. The lychee, from which Oligonol is made, is native to low elevations of the provinces of Southern China but its cultivation has spread over the years through neighboring areas of southeastern Asia. Lychee has a high content of polyphenol polymers and through a patented process, these unique molecules can be made to be more absorbable by the body.
A proprietary extract of lychee fruit manufactured using a patented technology that boosts polyphenol bioavailability of the product and thereby enhancing the product's anti-oxidant capacity Polyphenols are abundantly present in plants and are known for their ant-oxidant and anti-aging properties. Oligonol is produced through a proprietary process that shortens polyphenol polymers into monomers and oligomers to form a unique oligomerized polyphenol, producing greater bio-availability to the body than conventional polyphenols, such as: pine bark, grape seed, apple and green tea. Oligonol is shown to be 5 times more bio-available resulting in speedier absorption than conventional polyphenols. Oligonol decreased more than 10% of the lipid peroxide level in blood and improved lucidity and sleep pattern in a human study. Oligonol was more effective in many parameters in a study on Alzheimer's disease than conventional polyphenols. Extensive in vivo toxicity studies show Oligonol to be safe with no adverse effects or negative interactions. Laboratory testing also reveals that Oligonol is a stable substance.
Scientific research reveals that Oligonol is a safe, powerful anti-oxidant that can slow the aging process. Clinical studies supporting Oligonol as an efficacious healthy aging dietary supplement were conducted in the following areas:
- Skin improvement (to prevent and reduce wrinkles and freckles)
- Blood circulation improvement
- Reduction and fast recovery from fatigue
- Prevention and improvement of metabolic syndrome
- Natural, safe, no negative interactions Research data from the above studies can be provided upon request.