Dextrose, or glucose as it's also known, is a monosaccharide that is approximately 25% less sweet than pure or refined cane sugar, and is not associated with either fructose or lactose. It is derived entirely from corn, making it natural, effective, and easily utilized by the body. Its fine texture and moderate sweetness make dextrose versatile for a wide range of applications. However, it offers an especially important effect for athletes. As a simple sugar, it is well-tolerated by most individuals with healthy blood sugar levels, and can be consumed before, during and after the most intense training sessions.
From an athletic performance perspective, dextrose can help ensure that hard-worked muscles are not deprived the protein and nutrients they need to recover, repair and replenish. Dextrose has a high glycemic index (GI) rating which allows it to enter the bloodstream very quickly. This action stimulates a powerful and almost instantaneous insulin response. Insulin is a natural hormone with strong anabolic properties that helps drive nutrients into the cells of hungry muscle fibers, such as creatine monohydrate, beta-alanine, L-arginine, L-carnitine and others. NOW Dextrose is pure and manufactured under NOW's strict quality standards.
- Quick Energy Fuel
- A Dietary Supplement
- Vegetarian Product
- Mega Size
- All Natural - No Aspartame, No Sucralose, No Acesulfame-K
Natural is Better
NOW Foods was founded on the belief that natural is better. They are committed to sourcing the very best natural ingredients for our products, and we choose non-GMO, non-irradiated, and organic ingredients whenever possible. “Natural” is not an idle word to us. It’s why our business exists and thrives. In addition to their passion for nutritional excellence, NOW supports social and environmental efforts throughout their industry and community. NOW regularly hosts conservation and clean-up events in support of Make a Difference Day and Earth Week; a tradition which goes back over a decade.
NOW continually strives to improve and serve as an inspiration to anyone concerned with protecting our planet and its precious natural resources. Recent sustainability progress includes:
- Installation of an automatic night cooling system which allows more efficient control of warehouse temperatures.
- Expansion of in-house recycling and reuse programs to include food dust collections from dust collectors and filter cleaning. This material is offered for beneficial reuse as hog feed supplement.
- Holding annual Christmas & holiday light recycling drives.
- Installation of a rain/moisture sensor to prevent unnecessary landscape watering.
- Providing free barrels to the Village of Bloomingdale for use as trash receptacles in parks, and to SCARCE for use in resource collection drives.
- Hosting an educational booth at the 2nd annual Cantigny Green Fair.
- Setting printers to default to double-sided printing.
- Installation of an LED company building sign.
- Installation of filtered water stations for re-filling personal water containers.
- Sharing information on sustainable business practices at STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Teachers Workshop.
- Promoting rain barrel usage with our staff.
- Educating staff on recycling opportunities for electronics and household hazardous waste.
- Switching to 100% recycled content shipping boxes.
|WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information visit: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov|