Ubiquinol Featuring Kaneka's QH
Doctor's Best Uuiquinol featuring Kaneka's QH contains the reduced form of coenzyme Q10. Both ubiquinol (CoQ10-H2) and ubiquinone (CoQ10) are metabolically active, and are interchange- able in the body according to needs. Each form has unique roles in cells including antioxidant actions, supporting healthy heart functioning and enhancing energy production. Oral ubiquinol may offer improved bioavailability in individuals who have difficulty achieving high levels of this nutrient, such as aging adults or those concerned with nutrient absorption.
- Science-based nutrition
- Dietary supplement
- Mitochondrial support to enhance cellular energy production
- Supports healthy heart function
- Powerful antioxidant action
Both ubiquinol (CoQ10-H2) and ubiquinone (CoQ10) are metabolically active, and are found naturally in the body and in food sources. The two forms are interchangeable as the body appears to keep the reduced and oxidized forms in the "total pool" at a constant ratio. Each form has unique roles to play in cells including antioxidant actions and enhancement of energy production in the mitochondria. The commonly available supplement form of coenzyme Q10 has been the oxidized form (ubiquinone), as until recently the reduced form was difficult to manufacture due to its rapid oxidation in the air. New technology has allowed for the manufacturing of stable coenzyme Q10 in the reduced form. The results from an animal study that compared the absorption of the two different forms, as well as a human study showing significant absorption of ubiquinol, together suggest that taking ubiquinol orally may offer improved bioavailability in individuals who have difficulty achieving high levels of this nutrient, such as aging adults or those concerned with nutrient absorption. Comparison studies of the two forms are now necessary in humans to confirm this idea, as well as determine the specific circumstances under which ubiquinol may be more beneficial.
- Ubiquinol has powerful antioxidant actions in target cells: Although ubiquinone (oxidized coenzyme Q10) and ubiquinol (reduced coenzyme Q10) are kept at a constant ratio within the body, the majority of the total coenzyme Q10 pool is made up of ubiquinol. In fact, when ubiquinone is taken orally, much of it appears to be rapidly converted into ubiquinol. Ubiquinol functions as a potent antioxidant in humans, including in low-density lipoproteins (LDLs) where it protects them from oxidative damage. The coenzyme Q10 molecule can be found in all membranes throughout cells. It appears to works in conjunction with both vitamin E and vitamin C to provide antioxidant actions throughout the body.
- Coenzyme Q10 supports mitochondria to enhance cellular energy production: Coenzyme Q10, with its widespread distribution throughout the body, plays a crucial role in mitochondrial physiology as a critical member of the electron transport chain. This transport chain, which is part of cellular respiration, leads to the formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), our body's primary energy source. Levels of this key nutrient may decline as a healthy person ages. Animal studies have found that supplementation can restore normal levels in certain tissues 6, and human studies suggest that supplementing with this enzyme may have increased benefits when a person has depleted levels.
- Coenzyme Q10 supports healthy heart functioning: Concentrations of coenzyme Q10 are understandably high in the heart as these muscle cells require high levels of energy to constantly function optimally. A number of studies (both animal and human) strongly suggest that coenzyme Q10 supplementation is supportive for healthy heart functioning and for maintaining cardiovascular system health.
About Doctor's Best
Doctor's Best produces products with the highest quality raw materials available on the market. They have direct control over and are an integral part of every aspect of product production, from formulation and raw material sourcing to finished product manufacturing. We directly purchase all active ingredients used in our products and use only the highest quality ingredients.
Every product is thoroughly researched and backed by the latest scientific studies conducted in the field. The formulations reflect the amounts of ingredients shown to be beneficial based on the results of scientific investigations. Doctor's Best uses patented, trademarked ingredients backed by scientific studies and clinical research. They never use insignificant quantities to enhance the label.
Doctor's Best directly purchases only the highest grade raw materials from proven and reputable suppliers to be put into product formulations. All raw material suppliers go through their stringent vendor qualification process, which includes a multi-step investigation including all aspects of the production and handling procedures, to insure the highest level of quality is reached.
Your Price: $9.06